Twilight photographs require a slightly different approach than daylight photographs. As the name suggests they are taken at dusk and there is only a narrow window of time when the light is perfectly balanced between inside and outside. We will arrive approximately 30 minutes before actual sunset and will stay on-site another 30 minutes after sunset. Due to the time constraints we promise a maximum of 4 images.
What we ask you to do prior to twilight shoots:
1. Turn on all interior and exterior lights (don’t forget closets, bathrooms, attic and landscape lights, exclude floodlights)
2. Remove objects you don’t want to show in the images (cars, trash cans, yard equipment)
3. Turn off automated timed shades or garden sprinklers ☺
Yes and yes. Even in optimal conditions, photo editing enhances the final product. We strive to capture your vision to achieve the Air Design Photography look. We include the initial round of post production and one round of revision in the standard rates.
That’s a really good question. With ever evolving phone cameras you might wonder why pay a premium fee for photographs? In our visual-media driven world, photography can be your strongest marketing tool or your brand’s biggest downfall. Therefore, quality is key! Even the best phone camera will not substitute for a professional’s attention to detail and specialized skillset. And remember, post processing is a critical part of creating the perfect images.
Of course, it’s important to choose a photographer whose style matches your vision and who has demonstrated their skills in previous work, similar to yours. Let’s find out if we are a good fit for your next project — view our profile, then give us a call.
No, unless we have a mutual agreement. Sharing photographs outside of the agreed purpose with others (vendors, contractors, designers, etc.) is prohibited. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com. We have attractive options to expand licensing to third parties.
With our packages we include one round of revision to above parameters. If you need more extensive Photoshop work such as sky replacement, greening landscapes, removing complicated objects like power lines we are required to invoice additional time needed at $100/hr.
As with so many things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We will do our best to capture and edit every photograph to be as technically perfect and artistically appealing as possible. However, we are aware that everyone has a unique preference when it comes to contrast, exposure, focus and saturation.
Great question: We maintain all ownership and copyright to the photographs we create.
Depending on the usage and intended purpose of your photographs, we will provide a limited license to you. Under the Federal Copyright Act of 1976, photographs are intellectual property and are protected by copyright from the moment the camera button is pressed and as photographers we have the exclusive rights to the image/s. Each of our photographs has copyright information embedded in the file.
Our office is open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm, excluding holidays. Please account for these days/hours when keeping a project deadline in mind.
For Real Estate and Rental photography, we require a 2 business day turnaround time.
Since Architecture and Interior Design retouching requires more in-depth retouching (editing out outlets, cables etc.) we require a 3-5 business day turnaround time.
We created a detailed guide on how to prepare best for your photoshoot. Here’s a quick summary:
- Think about a shot-list in advance — especially key features of the project you want to highlight
- Declutter!! (Remove unnecessary decor, furniture, and personal items like picture frames, paper towels, background distractions etc.)
- Stage your scenes — a nice bouquet of flowers, fresh fruit or an entire charcuterie/wine set-up enhance the vibe and add interest)
Click here (Link) for the full list
Franzi is our AIR Design head photographer. She’s onsite for every project and manages all post processing. Whenever possible, our second shooter Martin will be on site as well. He is a huge help, adding a second/third pair of eyes — and since he is 6’7”, he literally has a different perspective on most things ;) Get to know our team here.
Before the shoot:
1. Once the proposal is signed, we’ll send a confirmation e-mail and answer all your questions.
2. We’ll work with you do to determine the best time of day in regards to lighting and tides (if applicable).
3. We’ll help you focus on your project goals and provide a detailed shot list.
4. We’ll help you align timelines to have the property ready when we arrive — read here (Link) to prepare for your shoot.
1. We start with a walkthrough of the property, determining possible compositions based on the shot list and clarify our game plan. Changing light situations throughout our shoot time will determine where to start and make sure we best utilize our time.
2. We setup our camera equipment, do some final optimizing to the furnishings and accessories and start shooting.
3. We proceed according to your needs and approach each project type differently i.e. have a look on our Interior Design project approach.
Click here to get more information and details for each project category such as Architecture, Real Estate and Interior Design.
4. We shoot “tethered” — meaning we look at the shot on a big screen before taking the actual photograph. This way, we make adjustments as needed to create the perfect photograph. We want you to be totally hands on when setting up a shots.
1. Once we start processing the photographs we make sure the exposure is balanced and automatically take out most outlets, light switches, cords, etc. for all design shoots. All our editing is manually done in-house to ensure the consistent AIR Design look in every finished image.
2. Your photographs will be delivered in a curated password-protected gallery hosted on Pic-time. You’ll have multiple download options for online marketing and/or print options.
Absolutely. We travel worldwide for interior design and architectural shoots. We’d love to hear more about your project before talking about travel plans. We’ll then customize a quote depending on location and shooting days. We’ll take care of our travel arrangements if not otherwise discussed.
AIR Design Photography is located at 200 Bayfront Drive, Mt. Pleasant. We apply an additional standard travel fee of $40 for photoshoots between 25 and 60 miles from our office address .
In case you have to canceled the project entirely, the retainer will not be refunded.
We will reschedule due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances. Any non-weather related cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment time will incur a $40 charge.
This totally depends on the kind of shoot we have planned. Interior shoots will not be affected at all. In fact, a cloudy sky might even be beneficial for interior photographs. If we’ve planned exteriors and/or twilight photography, we will reach out to you and see if you wish to reschedule. There is no fee for rescheduling due to inclement weather.
See our current base rates and service offerings for Interior Design, Architecture, Real Estate and Rental properties here. Also, we are happy to provide a custom quote.
We require a 50% deposit to book and secure your date. The remaining balance is due the day of the shoot. We accept online credit card payments as well as checks.
Click here to complete our contact form and give us detailed information about your upcoming project — or give us a quick call. Once we’ve gotten a better idea of your photography needs, we’ll send a proposal for your review. A signed proposal and 50% deposit are required to book and secure a date — [no other photoshoots will be scheduled on that date and time].